Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Light

We've lived in this house for 4 1/2 years now, and there's this awesome light fixture that hangs in the entryway that didn't have a shade. It's a very cool vintage metal fixture that hangs from a chain from the ceiling, and I've always loved it, but didn't really know what to do to replace the shade because of it's odd shape, but the bare bulb just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Sooo...this weekend I got out some cardstock and one of those pokey corncob holder thingies and went to work. Here's my pretty new shade!



Aside from errant pieces of tape and a couple of seams somewhat camouflaged by those vertical bars, I think it's beautiful! I love having that light on now and just love looking at it. I'll have to go back and get a picture of it at night too because it's even prettier then!

and...obligatory picture of me on the stairs after taking the picture of the light.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. An award for you!

    http://heartstringsandhobbies.blogspot.com/2010/02/while-back-i-received-award-for-my-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shade is gorgeous. Great job!

    (It took me a while to figure out what a "pokey corncob holder" thing was but then the light finally came on. *har har*)

    ReplyDelete