Monday, January 4, 2010

You Say You Want a Resolution?


Inspired by the 365 projects I see floating around (where you take a photo a day of something/anything) and my own slovenliness, I've decided to perhaps go the self-absorbed route and take a photo of myself everyday.

What can I learn from this? Well, I'm hoping I learn something more about me. I've neglected to post to this blog like I hoped I would, mostly because I've been neglecting to live my life like I want. As time goes by, I see myself settling into more and more bad habits of laziness and convenience. I'm not creating the me I want to be. I'm wallowing in old patterns and heading down a path towards a place I do not want to go. Maybe at the end of the year, this project will have shown me if I'm happy, if I'm making the most of myself and my life, and if I ever bother to brush my hair unless I have "plans". If I really look at how I look, maybe I'll see what other people must see and maybe I'll make some changes. I hope my end of the year photo is better than this one. And I also hope that this isn't the ONLY photo I ever bother to post.

So this is the first picture (and not surprisingly, I apparently did NOT start with photos on January 1st like I hoped I would. I mean seriously, I haven't even sent out my Christmas cards yet. I'm not exactly "on the ball" about things.). This picture was taken right before I started writing this entry, so probably around 4:30 in the afternoon. I slept in my clothes last night because I had to get up at 4:15 am to take my brother to the airport. I also had my hair in braids and slept in them too. This was all to hopefully trick my brain into thinking that I was really taking a nap last night rather than an actual night's sleep. It worked pretty well too! After the kids went to school, I went back to bed, still in my clothes, still in the braids. It is unlikely at this point that I will shower or anything today. This is how I look and I look awful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: