Thursday, January 14, 2010

Age. It's all about the number.


I don't like this picture. I got sick of taking shots of myself that I didn't like. This one was at least somewhat pleasant. I wore my contacts tonight, which I rarely do. We were going to see Avatar though, and I didn't want to have 3D glasses on top of my own. I'm really beginning to dislike how I look without my glasses. They are a terrific accessory to hide behind, and they can help you create a character, and make yourself feel interesting. Without mine now, I think I mostly look old. My face is changing so much. Some of that is weight, but most of it is just age and it's weird. It's not like we just keep our regular face and it gets wrinklier. Whole freaking planes shift or something, and we start to look weird. It's really really odd watching your face slowly shift towards what the older You will look like.

Next month is my birthday, and I'll be 39. I like my birthday. I always have. I may not be thrilled all the time with getting older, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't want to celebrate it too! Recently I said to Dax, "I'm almost 39. That means almost 40." "Hey," he said, "If you live as long as your Aunt Eliza has, you'll have another good 65 in front of you." I paused for a moment and said, "Or I could live as long as my mom did and have around 20." "Well," Dax said, "Who do you want to be when you grow up?"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Heh...I'll be 38 next month. LOL @Dan...and the pic looks pretty good if you ask me :) I know what you mean about the face shifting and it's really shocking sometimes when the reality hits you in the face, literally.

    ReplyDelete