Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 87--Counting Down

When I started this challenge, this is how I saw it playing out, and at first, it was exactly like this...

First 30 days: Get used to different food.  Find new "staples" to eat.  Adjust to vegan diet.

Second 30 days: Add activity.  Maintain food changes and establish exercise routine

Third 30 to the end: Everything combines seamlessly to an effective diet/exercise groove.

So the first 30 were correct, and the second 30 were mostly correct until Dax had to go to Kansas.  When that happened, I quit going to yoga, temporarily or course.  However, I haven't been back yet.  (seriously, still temporary.  Shitty couple of weeks and now it's Spring Break and the kids are home).  Also, in this last 30, I have been less than satisfied with my diet.  I'm sick of the prep.  I'm tired of trying to come up with something interesting enough to eat.  I'm tired of tackling the challenges of eating out.  Last week, we went to LegoLand, and I thought I had done the proper research before going.  There were several dining options available there that I thought I wouldn't have too hard of a time finding something to eat.  Was I wrong!  The place that offered "healthy wraps and sandwiches", only had those pre-packaged triangle-cut airport sandwiches.  It's not like there was someone there who could make something for me.  Every other place that I thought would work out, either didn't actually have anything, or the wait list was so long, I couldn't make the kids go through that.  I ended up settling on french fries after three different dining locations, but I was stilll starving.  And then the headache kicked in.  After LegoLand, we went to Ruby Tuesdays because it was close and because I knew I could have the salad bar.  For whatever reason though, this restaurant had the worst salad bar I've seen in awhile, and I hate wasting money on food that I don't think is good at all.  I finished my salad before anyone else got their entrees, and I realized I hadn't really paid attention to what anyone else had ordered.  When I found out Dax had ordered a steak, I nearly lost it.  I certainly don't begrudge him a steak, but at this point, I was so hungry, so irritable, so headachey, I couldn't fathom watching him eat a steak in front of me, so I went to the car, called my sister, Gina, and had a complete meltdown.  I suppose I could say I'm sick of rules.

Now, I know I don't have much time left, and I'm really trying to rally and finish this thing on an upswing rather than just counting down the days.  This week has been a little better.  I'm going to focus on that and keep going.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Melanie. Anytime I run a 5K, my goal is to finish as finishing is (for me running a 5K anyway) in and of itself a great accomplishment. So finish and be proud of yourself. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete